The purpose of learning and the result expected from students and teachers have widely changed from mere grades. Achievement in a subject now refers to the overall understanding of the concepts and the ability to delve deep into the knowledge imparted while questioning the new concepts to evaluate them further. A student quality that comes first on the list these days is ‘curiosity’.
Traditional ways of learning depended on how knowledge is passed on from one generation to the other with the aim of bringing high-graded student batches. This might sound similar to traditional folklore where customs, practices and stories were passed on to the next generation without any changes. However, education has witnessed a revival over the years and students are given a more open learning environment, where resources become endless.
What is outcome-based education(OBE)?
Outcome-based learning or otherwise called performance-based learning depends on the skill sets that the students have acquired after the completion of a course. Students analyse the what and why of every concept that they learn and understand its practicality in a real-world scenario.
Why do we need OBE?
Understanding and guiding a generation for tomorrow is the sole purpose of education. Each batch of students brings new values and expectations. So it becomes our responsibility to provide personalised support for each one of them.
Let us look at what OBE does to the education system:
- Focus on the learning outcome where students can experiment with their learning process
- Teachers adopt different methods based on the subject
- Reduces comparison of students as each one is considered unique with their set of values
- Deriving goals and results for application in the future
- Not solely based on grades
- It gives room for creation (the top point of Bloom’s pyramid)
Outcome mapping has been an effective method of realizing where the students need improvement. How can you analyse your growth using learning software?
Here is how DigiVal aligns your learning outcomes for each course:
- Analysing the overemphasised and underemphasised learning outcomes
- Assist in mapping learning outcomes as per national and international accreditation standards
- Automates the question allotment based on the expected CLO
- Student support sessions for learning in their own way
- Improved quality of learning by showing a learning graph for each student
- Data-driven reports for student progress to identify the learning gaps
- Providing personalised support based on the learning curve
- Real-time feedback of every session to improve the quality of learning and teaching
Learning through constant alteration is a qualified method for students and teachers to identify their strengths and weaknesses. Enhancing the learning modules helps the institution to earn accreditation from the concerned board of authority. OBE answers your concerns about what have you done for the past year in education while letting you keep track of your learning progress. Now, don't wait for your year-end results to evaluate your growth and switch to daily analysis through formative activities and personalised sessions.outcome-based educationon online assessmrnt academic management academic softwaredigi assess assessment toolseducational softwaredigital platformstudent interactionsonline learning platforms